MHS GENESIS is Here!
On June 3, 2023, the Department of Defense's new electronic health record (EHR), MHS GENESIS, arrived at the Scott AFB clinic. The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
has replaced TRICARE Online.
What is MHS GENESIS?
MHS GENESIS is the new EHR that provides you and your providers with enhanced, secure technology to manage your health information. When fully deployed, MHS GENESIS will be the single health record for service members, veterans, and their families. Learn more about MHS GENESIS
What is the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal?
Along with the new EHR, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
is a secure website available 24/7 that gives you access to your health information. Through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you can:
- View health information, including laboratory and radiology results
- Schedule appointments
- Communicate securely with care team
- Request prescription renewals
- Complete intake and screening forms in advance of appointments
- Access a health library
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal has replaced the TRICARE Online Patient Portal.
What does this mean for me?
MHS GENESIS and the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal are replacing TRICARE Online, including the patient portal and secure messaging, at this facility.
- If you have a current TRICARE Online account, your health record migrated to MHS GENESIS on June 3, 2023. No action is necessary by you.
- If you don't already have a TRICARE Online account, you can log onto https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil using your DS Logon Account to set up a MHS GENESIS Patient Portal account.
- If you don't have a DS Logon Account or if you have questions about DS Logon, visit myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil or call 1-800-368-3665.
What happens next?
Appointment availability may be affected, and wait times may increase as our staff adjusts to new technology and workflows. You may experience the following delays:
- Extended wait times when scheduling appointments
- Extended wait times between checking-in and seeing your provider
- Extended time with your provider
- Increased wait times at the pharmacy
- Increased wait times for lab and radiology results
We recommend you request medication refills and renewals well in advance and make appointments early for expected health care. This will ensure you have your medications when needed, and that you stay on track with routine appointments, well-check exams, and health screenings.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we integrate MHS GENESIS to provide you with top-notch care.
Patient Portal Information:
MHS GENESIS Patient Portal: https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil/
Patient Portal Registration video: https://www.health.mil/News/Gallery/Videos/2021/03/03/MHS-Genesis-Patient-Portal-Registration
Questions about the DS Logon?
DS Logon: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/app/login
Need Support for DS Logon? https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/app/login
then click on “Need Support?” at the bottom of the page. DS Logon FAQs as of 17 May 23
Contact the Defense Manpower Data Center at 1-800-538-9552